To these days, companies spend millions of dollars for advertising and their campaigns, yet they cannot account for all the forces at work in these promotional campaigns. There are essential elements that are often overlooked:
· Advertising cannot make your business intelligence leads purchase. Yes, there is an influence, but it doesn’t mean that it is irresistible. There are those who buy an advertised product, while others don’t. How come?
· The chances of consumers responding to advertising is usually proportional to their interest in these products/services thus, those that respond positively to promotions or one item may completely ignore an ad for something else.
· The fact that advertising has its limitations is not realized by everyone. The thing is, it works with those most likely to buy but it does not have enough persuasive power to convince the rest of the target buyers, regardless how many exposures they are subjected to.
· Recommendations from family and friends are considered to be the most influential force in marketing. However, recommendations aren’t made indiscriminately. When your product or service delights them, they select a chosen few, those they know who will like and benefit from it the most. Think about this when you’re working on software lead generation.
· Product advocates are not created equal. There are those whose recommendations come more frequent and effective than others. Even among those telling their friends to buy, some recommendations come stronger than others.
· Hype can only do so much. The more people love your brand the more people seem to adopt it too. But people can only be influenced by an up and coming trend if they see it emerging, through points of contact provided by community. When this happens, the marketing process used in the trend will give way to a stronger force that is simply hard to resist.
The sooner you realize the limitations of your promotional ads and campaigns, the sooner you can think out of the box and start being more creative and innovative. And once you get your creative juices flowing because of the hunger and fire in your belly, anything is possible.